From the Gangaramaya Temple to Mount Lavinia’s beaches to Dehiwala Zoo, Colombo has a wide range of attractions waiting for you. The colonial era and the island’s rich historical heritage have resulted in many interesting buildings, temples and parks which will add some vivid memories to your vacation in Sri Lanka’s beautiful capital city.
Things To See and Do in Colombo:-
1. Visit Royal Colombo Golf Club which has attracted golfers for 129 years and enjoy a round of golf. It has a splendid and well laid green top for the discerning golfer to enjoy a round of golf.
2. Take a short trip to Negombo which is 37 km from Colombo. Here, you can find luxury hotels and pristine beaches, and it’s an ideal stopover for a tourist coming in or leaving Sri Lanka.
3. Enjoy some seafood on the Mt Lavinia Beach which houses great seafood restaurants on the golden beach.
4. Colombo has a wide range of handicrafts and other items on sale. One of the best, but also costly, places, to buy handicrafts (such as batik, lacquerware, handloom cloth, painted wooden masks, etc) is the government-run `Laksala’ emporium.
5. There are plenty of spas in the city offering Ayurvedic massages. Most of these spas are Government approved, but of late, some unauthorised ones have also mushroomed in the city. Therefore, it is best to check the credentials of a spa before entering.
6. Leisure World is a water park in Colombo. It has many water rides for children as well as adults. There are cafes and restaurants as well inside the Leisure World where one can have a drink or grab a bite.
7. Enjoy the nightlife by visiting a chill-out bar or a casino if you want to have some excitement by playing roulette or baccarat or blackjack, or a night club where you can party until dawn.