First of all, he or she must be impartial. I personally think that it is very crucial to make a technical decision, think about somebody’s promotion, etc. impartially. For instance, my friend is a supervisor on a dairy mill. It is his family’s business so a lot of his relatives work there. But he never promotes someone because he or she belongs to his family. I think it is a good quality for a boss.
A good boss should exhibit the following characteristics:
• Helps employees understand the role they play in helping the organization achieve its aims. Understand what motivates each individual who works for you.
• The Boss who communicates with his employees is a treasure. Time to time, he should communicate with each and every employee individually.
• A boss should listen to the problems, suggestions and the ideas of the employees. Sometimes an employee can suggest an idea that is beneficial for the organization.
• Helps the employees under them achieve and develop their skills.
• Not threatened by creative individuals: Is willing to judge an idea on its merits.
In Addition – To be a good boss, you need certain qualities. There are many opinions of what makes a good leader. I believe that leaders are made, not born.