1. Drink fruit juice. It has a kind of sugar called fructose that helps the body burn alcohol faster.
2. Drink lots of water, at least twice the amount of water to alcohol.
3. Take some pain relief tablets. Avoid aspirin as the alcohol has probably already made your stomach lining rather sensitive.
4. Foods such as grapes, yogurt and fried foods help to line the stomach and slow the alcohol from entering the bloodstream. Eating also speeds up your metabolism of both food and alcohol, thereby removing toxins from your body faster.
5. Engage in some exercise that will get your heart pumping and your body sweating.
6. Eat carefully. Try fresh fruit and vegetables, pure juice and some wholegrain toast. A banana smoothie is also fantastic as bananas are full of potassium which is fantastic for hangovers.